Thursday, November 10, 2011

Last, But Certainly Not Least...

The youngest of our kids is Jarom.  As I have talked about some aspect of each of my kids' birth's, it is only proper that I tell you something about Jarom's birthday.  About a month before Lisa was due, I went to one of her appointments with her doctor.  At some point in the meeting, Dr. Davis turned to me and told me he thought I should deliver the baby since I was so experienced having seen the birth of our four other children.  I wasn't so sure about this but agreed after one or two seconds of deliberation. He assured me he would be right there to help and coach me.  The day arrived and I was gowned and gloved.  It went very fast it seems.  Before I knew it, Jarom had been born.  He was perfect in every way and a beautiful baby.


Jarom being the youngest has always seemingly been a plague to him.  He hates being called "the baby".  At some point there seemed to be a natural division that took place between the three oldest boys and Nicole and Jarom.  The nickname for the older three was "The Brothers" while the two youngest became "The Babies".  He hated this.  He always wanted to be part of the brothers and seemed to willingly do anything to be included with "The Brothers".  I don't think that he really ever had to do anything.  As he has grown the nicknames have gone away and his size and accomplishments have allowed him to be his own man.  No longer the baby or "The Babies" he has and is growing into his own person.  Jarom.


As he has grown, he has excelled at baseball, basketball and golf.  Gold is his true love and he is very talented and has excelled at the game.  He is a member of his high school golf team and first varsity lettered as a 9th grader.  He helped his team take third in state this year and played very, very well.  He is an excellent golfer.  His coaches love his swing and form, but most of all they simply love Jarom for who he is.


Jarom is a wonderful young man.  I have been proud to be his father.  As he is maturing and changing, he and I have bumped heads and had our share of difficult times.  Through it all, I have marvelled at his ability to endure.  In less than a year he will graduate from high school and is planning a mission.  I know he will succeed.  He always does.  He's a great guy and his future will be as great as his past which is terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment