Monday, November 7, 2011

Red Headed Second Child...

I have spent some time today looking for some pix that I could use here of Tim.  Wow!  I think that every pic I have of him he is smiling or someway mugging it up for the camera!  If I have any memories of Tim when he was little it includes him laughing and generally yucking it up.

I do however remember very vividly the day he was born.  Because of the problems with JR when he was born, I wasn't sure what to expect with our second.  When he was out, he looked awfully red all over and me being inexperienced thought it was just a lot blood.  It wasn't.  He was red.  His skin was red.  His hair was bright red.  He was red.  And beautiful.  After the shock of all the redness, I started looking him over and noticed his toes looked kind of unusual.  Turns out his second and third toes on both feet were fused (webbed) together.  I quickly asked the doctor about it, causing a lot of unnecessary anxiety for Lisa, and he told me that Tim was fine and there was nothing to worry about.  When he was about three we decided to have his toes fixed.  Our thinking was that he had red hair, last name of Hogg and webbed toes.  That just seemed as if it was too much for the little guy to endure.  Little did we know how much fun he would've had with them.



A few years later, Tim was struck by JR riding his bike (another story, another post...) and his leg was badly broken.  Our good friend Dr. Dave Smalley was called in and set his leg.  During the casting while Tim was still pretty heavily sedated, and while Dave thought that Tim was still asleep he gently talked to Tim.  He asked him if we had a wheel barrow at home that his brother could push him around in.  Much to Dave and the nurses surprise, Tim slowly lifted his head up from the bed and answered him saying, "Am I dirt or what?"  Dave and the nurse got a huge kick out of his sense of humor and soon all the nurses at Riverside Community Hospital were coming to see the adorable red headed boy who asked if he was dirt.  Pure Tim.



His sense of humor never ceases to amaze me or to make me laugh.  If you don't smile when you're around him, then perhaps you simply don't know how to have fun. 

Like his older brother, Tim is grown now.  He is married and is a great husband.  I can't wait to see him with his own kids.  I kinda feel sorry for them cuz he will tease them and play tricks on them mercilessly.  He'll be a tremendous dad.  Though he is our second son, he has at many times been the leader amongst his brothers and sister as well as me and his mom.  Despite his humorous personality, I know he feels very deeply and has thoughts and understandings that I feel are beyond his age.  I have often felt that his spirit is older than mine.  He too, has had some trials that he has passed through.  He has borne them well and is the fine man he is today because of them.



Like his older brother, I am so blessed that he is my son and and grateful that he is my good friend.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Yoff, please email me at april@footvitals.com in regards to a hyperlink you've added. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete