Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Princess...

After having three boys we decided (hah...!) to have ourselves a little girl.  I actually remember when we found out Lisa was carrying a baby girl.  I couldn't wait to tell everyone!  She was going to be the first granddaughter on both sides and we were so excited for her arrival.  In anticipation Lisa and I had picked out her name years before when we were first married.  The name we felt good about and that we had chosen was Amanda.  After 9 excruciatingly long months, finally the day came that she was born and we were so happy and excited.  The first time I held her in my arms I recall looking at her precious little face and realized that this was not Amanda.  As Lisa and I talked about it we agreed and quickly came to the conclusion that Nicole had arrived at our home.  She was (is...) quite the gift...


 Nicole has always been a very loving and maternal sister, even to her older brothers.  When Jarom was born (13 1/2 months after she was born...) she wasn't quite talking yet.  Everybody in the family would call Jarom their sweet boy.  When Nicole started talking to where we could begin to understand her, she would call Jarom "Boy", thinking that was his name.  Eventually it turned into Boyo which most everybody in the family still calls him.


 
She is loyal and determined.  When she was turning 18 she decided that she wanted to buy her own car, with her own money and her own credit.  She worked diligently at it and the DAY she turned 18 she signed the paperwork for her first car.  She did it all on her own.  We were so proud of that accomplishment.  Her love for her family knows no bounds.  Her nieces and nephews love her almost as much as she loves them.  I can't wait to see what the future holds for her.  From the type of person she has grown up to be, I know that future is full of promise and love.


I am so grateful for her in my life.  The boys get upset that all she has to do to get my full attention or what she is asking for is to say "Daddy...".  I have to admit, it melts my heart everytime.  I am so proud of the woman she is and is becoming.  Sometimes I get sad that she seems to have grown up so fast, and other times I can't wait to see in what way she will progress and grow next.  A real two edged sword.  Either way she is my princess.  She is a princess and the world is her carriage...

No comments:

Post a Comment