Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Son Three, aka Trevor...

If you hadn't guessed, I am going to blog something about each of our family members in the order that they entered my life.  Today brings me to Trevor.  Much like his older brothers, there are so many memories and stories of him that it is hard to narrow it down to a thought or two to share.  In looking through the various pix of him I was reminded of a couple of things that are unique to him and how he has affected my life and the life of those around him.



When Trevor was a toddler we found out that he has asthma.  We would give him breathing treatments at home as often as needed but several times it flared up enough for him to have to admitted to the hospital for treatment.  We always worried about him.  I remember that he really didn't cry too much as an infant or when he was sick in the hospital.  He was a pretty calm child overall.  Definitely a favorite of the nurses in pediatrics.  As he grew, in addition to being very smart, he gravitated towards sports of all kinds and he was and is very athletic.  The tallest of our children, he excelled in baseball and basketball.  Girls seemed to gravitate towards him (he claims it is his fantastic good looks...) for no apparent reason.  Once after a comp baseball game, he and Tim were arguing about who the girls in the stands were really there to see. 

The back and forth between them went on and on until I had had enough.  I took them to lunch at a fast food place and lo and behold was cute gal working the register that neither of them knew so I thought she could help settle their argument.  I said, "Miss, would you settle a disagreement these two yahoo's are having please?"  She said sure.  I asked her "Which one of these guys is better looking?"  Without hesitating she pointed to Trevor (Tim's wife would strongly disagree....) and said, "He is and his lunch is free today..." 



Trevor, being the middle child has always been a pleaser.  I'm not sure if he really knows how pleased I am with the man he has become.  He is a tireless worker and obedient in all things. 


He is getting married to his sweetheart next May and will build his own life with her.  I will miss him.  I am so very proud and pleased of who he is and am truly grateful to be his dad and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment