Friday, November 4, 2011

Son Number One...

After reading what I have written in the last few days, I have decided that I would take the next few days and write about each of my wonderful children.  I hope to be able to embarrass them a little and to share a thing or two that I think and feel about them each.  As the title of this post indicates, I'm starting with Son Number One, or as we have affectionately called him since he was born, JR. 

His birth certificate name is Jefferey Mark Hogg Junior.  Shortly before he was born there was a considerable amount of discussion (ok, arguing...) in me and Lisa's families as to what he, the first grandson on both sides would be named and known as.  Jeff.  Jefferey.  Mark.  Junior.  Jeff Mark.  Jeffy.  J-Dog.  Ok, nobody suggested J-Dog but it helps the read....

Lisa and I came up with JR.  Short for Junior.  Easy, fun, sporty and kinda cool.  It fit him.  Best thing was that everyone liked it.  Peace was restored...  I was so excited to have a son.  I remember the day he was born.  One of the greatest days of my whole life.  I was so proud.  Lisa had a bit of a hard time delivering him so he was a little bruised and his head was conical.  But he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

I remember so many things about him.  So many stories (keys in the power outlet, multiple bike accidents, numerous scars...).  But I think the thing that stands out is his love and loyalty to his brothers and sister and our family.


One time Lisa went to pick the kids at their elementary school only to find JR, Tim and Trevor rolling around on the ground beating up some kid because he had been pushing Tim around.  JR led Trevor in defending Tim.  He is a good brother and a loyal friend.



He's all grown now.  Makes me very proud.  He is a good husband, provider and a wonderful dad.  Much better father than I was at his age.  I respect him and how he has taken difficulty and obstacles that have been placed before him and overcome them with hard work and love. He now goes by the name of Jeff.  No more JR.  A little sad for us, but I respect his desire to be his own man, which he is.  He is respected at his place of employment and overall is truly a fine man.


I am so lucky and blessed to have had him as my Son Number One, and as my good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment