Thursday, November 3, 2011

My hot wife...

Speaking of weight loss....(yesterdays post...)

My much better half, Lisa has also been on a weight loss/fitness journey.  For many years I recall day after day, month after month the poor girl exercising her heart out and eating like a bird to no avail.  She just couldn't seem to lose the weight that she so desperately wanted and needed to.  During this time, she was diagnosed with a thryroid problem that required her thyroid be destroyed chemically.  This situation really didn't help things out.  In fact, it made things even more difficult for her.  I was not in the mode of watching my weight or working out like I am now so I really didn't realize how difficult this was for her. 

Bad Yoff.... 

She hates pictures of her during this period but I am going to post one here anyway.  You'll see why at the end.


I don't think this pic is even at her heaviest, but it will do I think.  She is holding our newest granddaughter Emberlee who is in Kindergarten this year.  Time flies...

In 2009, shortly after our accident (subject for yet another post...) she heard about a new way to diet and though she would try it out.  I thought it was black magic or just simply hocus pocus but lo and behold she began to lose weight.  In addition she began to tone up and started looking really, really good.  She kept going and now she has lost about 80 to 90 pounds so far.  Here is a pic I made her let me take a few nights ago.  I think she still doesn't like having her picture taken but is happier with the results afterward.


I loved her then.  I love her now.  I think anyone can see in her eyes how much happier she is with herself now.  I think she looks better now than (ever?) when we met 29 years ago.  She was and is my inspiration.  I never could have lost my weight if she hadn't set such a great example for me.  I never would have done the races and triathlons I have done if she hadn't been the example of sticking to working out no matter the results.  I am so lucky to have a woman that has beauty on the outside that approaches the beauty she is on the inside.  She is truly a great woman and an incredible wife, mother, grandmother and friend to those who know her. 

Ok, ok, enough with the sappiness. 

She's a hot chick and I'm glad she's with me....

No comments:

Post a Comment