Tuesday, November 1, 2011

What's this all about...?

Hi...

I guess I should start this off by telling you something about myself, although my thoughts are that if you are here, you probably already know me or think you know me. Hah! A big part of why I am starting this blog is to have a place to put my thoughts and feelings. I anticipate writing things that may surprise you and may even surprise myself. I think that will be ok. I guess I won't really know until I start. First things first...

The name of my blog is my nickname, Yoff. When my sister Audria was born she couldn't say Jefferey (my full mother-given name...) so she called me Foffy. She still does...  Anywho... Tim (my second oldest son) and I were visiting family in AZ once and he heard her call me Foff. He immediately started calling me what he thought he heard her call me, Yoff, and so it began. Most of my kids call me that and many friends do and have begun too. I kinda like it. I think nicknames provide a sense of familiarity and closeness. Sort of like "I have a secret, but you know what it is..." kinda thing. Don't know if that makes sense but oh well. I anticipate most of what I will write here probably won't make a whole lot of sense, but I promise it will all be the true me. I hope that if you read my postings and have something to say (good, bad, critical, supportive, insightful, funny or whatever) that you post a comment. I really look forward to hearing from you who I know and those I don't yet know.

Until next time....

Have a good one,
Yoff

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have another blogger friend in my world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jeff to you and your wife, I got to know you a little better today.

    ReplyDelete